Marketing & Development Director
Cane River National Heritage Area
Cane River National Heritage Area, Inc., (CRNHA) is a non-profit organization that preserves, promotes, and presents the nationally significant heritage of the Cane River region. Located in Natchitoches, Louisiana, CRNHA works with regional partners to provide high-quality educational, cultural, and recreational experiences in the area’s unique historic settings through a linked system of attractions and historic districts known as the Cane River National Heritage Trail.
Cane River National Heritage Area seeks a charismatic, outgoing, and dynamic individual to serve as the Marketing & Development Director. This is a full-time, administrative position. Eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits along with retirement benefits.
The Marketing & Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director. Provides direct supervision to the marketing & event intern, and indirect supervision to volunteers and other interns.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include assisting the Executive Director in researching and implementing various fundraising events and opportunities, researching, and pursuing potential donors, marketing the CRNHA brand, and securing and maintaining community and local partners.
- Assist the Executive Director in the development and execution of a marketing plan
- Maintain and expand brand identity through updated creation and distribution of print materials, promotional items, social media, and web presence
- Develop and maximize effective marketing efforts within the confines of the budget
- Continue to grow CRNHA’s social media presence
- Assist the Executive Director in the execution of the strategic plan in the areas of
- Exhibit & event sponsorships-research potential sponsors
- Fundraising event development-seek opportunities for sponsorships, community partners, volunteers, and donations
- New fundraising opportunities-work with community representatives, restaurants, local clubs, etc. to develop give back days or other lucrative opportunities for CRNHA
- Assist in development of giving campaigns
CRNHA Community Representative
- Assist the Executive Director with community relations
- Manage ongoing partnerships
- Develop/secure new partnerships for the organization
- Represent the organization at community and regional events
- Foster and ensure continued positive relationships with partners, visitors, volunteers, sponsors, donors, vendors, and any additional key stakeholders
- Secure opportunities to speak in front of various audiences promoting CRNHA and its programs
- Acquire volunteers for various events and programs
- Assist the Executive Director with grant research and invitations to apply
- BS in marketing, business, communication, hospitality, or previous work experience in the related field desired
- Experience in sales
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Willingness to network in social settings
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication skills, oral and written
- Some travel within the area may be required
- Some nights and weekend events may be required
Salary Range: $42,000-$52,0000
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Rebecca Blankenbaker, Executive Director via email at Rebecca@CaneRiverNHA.org. No phone calls.
Visit www.CaneRiverNHA.org for more information about Cane River National Heritage Area.